VOC Training – At Ecoplant we pride ourselves in keeping our staff safe by keeping them ahead of the game when it comes to working safely and efficiently. This is achieved by ensuring they are fully competent in all aspects of the job they are performing and will be able to comfortably handle any situation that arises. We do this in the following ways:
- Sending our staff on courses eg. Working Safely At Heights for those jobs on steep batters where the use of harnesses is required.
- Keeping all our Team Leaders up to date with their First Aid certificates.
- Regular staff training and assessment in the operation of the Stihl augers that we use. New employees are trained and supervised until deemed competent.
- Correct planting and manual handling techniques.
- Continual monitoring and assessment of our Speed spade crews ensuring they are using best practice techniques, keeping back, wrists and forearms safe.
- Training on incident and accident reporting.
- Annually revising SWMS and ensuring all employees are up to date with any additions or revisions.
All this training is a solid grounding for each and every employee so that they are able to carry out their tasks safely, efficiently and to the highest standards.
Chad Fraser – National Manager